Friday, June 15, 2007

Now I'm in the arms of my beautiful One.

As previously stated, maybe you read it - maybe you didn't, music is my life. Not only do I love to receive it but I love to give it. So I decided every Friday to share about a Christian artist I just can't get enough of. So this week's Artist Spotlight;



Delirious.

I first discovered the group "Delirious" several years ago, before I'd given my life to God, through a friend of mine named Ryan. Ryan preached to me up and down about God and I gave him the run around so many times; we were constantly at each other's throats about God. I believed in God but there were things that I didn't want to do. And he wanted me to do them. But the one thing we had in common was Delirious. The songs he sent to me were from the album "Glo" and it was an instant love. They're a group from Britain, classified as rock but I think their sound is more of a contemporary worship kind of deal. Forming themselves together in early 1996, the group has been together for over a decade now and the lives of those who listen to them and experience the move of God through their music couldn't be more grateful for it. Their last album was released in 2006 and it was a live worship experience called "Now is the Time". Before that, their last studio album was released in 2005 and it was titled "The Mission Bell". Once you take a listen to this anointed British Christian group, I'm sure you'll agree with me when I say I'm more than looking forward to the many more albums this group will put forth. Their mission isn't fame or fortune but just to touch the kingdom of God with their music, experience a move of God like never before and bring some of God's presence to the corners of the earth. And you can feel this in their music. You can feel the heart of God pulsating with every beat. They're truly one of my favorite artists and I hope they become one of yours.


Favorite Delirious songs of mine: Rain Down, History Maker, Everything, I Could Sing of Your Love Forever, Investigate, What Would I have Done?, What a Friend I've Found, Take Off My Shoes, Miracle Maker.

If you like the sounds of U2, you'll love Delirious.

No comments: